Top 10 Benefits of Salmon
Nothing like picking your own tomatoes for your salmon salad. Salmon is good for spleen qi deficiency which is a nice balance because sometimes too much cold raw foods are hard on the spleen. It’s all about balance.
Salmon is a nutritious and delicious fish that is rich in essential nutrients.
Here are the top 10 benefits of including this fish in your diet:
1. High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Salmon is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for brain function, heart health, and reducing inflammation in the body.
2. Good Source of Protein: Salmon is a high-quality source of protein, which is important for building and repairing tissues in the body.
3. Contains Essential Vitamins: Salmon contains essential vitamins such as vitamin B12 and vitamin D, which are important for maintaining healthy bones and skin.
4. Rich in Minerals: Salmon is also rich in minerals such as potassium, selenium, and phosphorus, which are important for maintaining healthy bodily functions.
5. May Help Improve Heart Health: Eating salmon is associated with a lower risk of heart disease due to its high omega-3 fatty acid content.
6. May Help Lower Blood Pressure: Salmon contains peptides that have been shown to help lower blood pressure in those with high blood pressure.
7. May Help Improve Brain Function: The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon are associated with improved cognitive function and a reduced risk of cognitive decline.
8. May Help Reduce Inflammation: The omega-3s in salmon have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help reduce inflammation in the body.
9. May Help Improve Eye Health: The high levels of omega-3s in salmon may also help protect eye health and reduce the risk of eye diseases such as macular degeneration.
10. May Help Reduce the Risk of Cancer: Some studies have shown that consuming fish, including salmon, may help reduce the risk of certain cancers such as colorectal cancer. In conclusion, adding salmon to your diet can provide numerous health benefits due to its high levels of essential nutrients, omega-3 fatty acids, and other beneficial compounds.