Mushroom and Cauliflower Side Dish
4 T unsalted butter
1 T olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1/2 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
1 lb baby bel mushrooms, cleaned
4 T Kettle & Fire Mushroom Bisque Bone Broth
or 2-4 T vegetable broth, depending desired consistency
1/2 t. fresh thyme (or more if you like it)
1 T. dried parsley flakes
4 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean whole mushrooms with a damp paper towel, so mushrooms do not soak up too much water and become soggy.
2. Melt butter and olive oil in large pan or sauce pot until bubbly.
3. Add chopped onion, stir and cook until onions are translucent.
4. Take half of onion mixture out of pan and move remaining onions aside to create room for whole mushrooms, lay in pan top side down.
5. Brown mushrooms on each side. This is important for the mushrooms to keep their moisture inside.
6. Once the mushrooms are browned, add cauliflower florets. Cook until golden on the edges. 8-10 minutes.
7. Add garlic and Mushroom Bisque Bone broth or vegetable broth, stir, and cook for several minutes to meld flavors.
8. Add thyme and parsley, salt and pepper. Adjust and add more if you desire.
9. Enjoy and please let me know how you like it! Pairs well with beef but can also be a nice nurturing bowl or wrap on its own.